Dutch EdTech Bootcamp to NYC and Boston // January 28 - February 1 2019
Dutch startups, scale-ups, universities, and companies interested in the US Education Technology (EdTech) market in the US: join he Dutch EdTech mission in January and February 2019!
This Dutch EdTech Mission is an intensive five-day program to get a Dutch EdTech delegation acquainted with the US EdTech ecosystem. New York and Boston are two top-notch ‘EdTech-hubs’, and offer great opportunities for Dutch EdTech organizations interested in expanding to the US. This mission is organized by the Consulate General of the Netherlands in New York and the Holland Innovation Network in Boston.
2019 LearnLaunch Conference
The mission will coincide with the 2019 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference. The conference aims to unify the global EdTech community. Educators, entrepreneurs, investors, education administrators, education companies, and technology innovators will attend the conference. Following on the success of last year we will again provide a ‘Holland Pavilion’ to increase the visibility for Dutch EdTech organisations. The ‘Holland Pavilion’ is the perfect place to showcase your technology and product, and to meet with potential customers and/or collaborators. The LearnLaunch conference is without a doubt an event with tremendous opportunity and therefore a key component of the program. The conference will take place on January 31stand February 1st, 2019. More information about the conference can be found on: : http://learnlaunch.org/2019conference/.
Goals of the Mission
Participating in this program provides the perfect opportunity for:
● Market orientation and potential business development for Dutch start/scale-up companies
● Exploring collaborations and partnerships between the Dutch ecosystem and organizations in the New York and Boston ecosystems.
● The mission will strengthen the promotion and branding of Dutch innovative solutions in EdTech.
Date: January 28th - February 1st, 2019 in New York City and Boston
Costs:+/- €250 per participating organization. A second organization representative will cost €100 with a maximum of 2 attendees per organization.
These costs will cover:
- Costs of the program and content
- Access to the Learnlaunch Conference
- Transportation from New York to Boston*
* Please note that other costs such as accommodation, flights, transport and food expenditures are not included
The Program Includes
- Mandatory kick-off event and preparation workshop in the Netherlands (January 2019)
- An intensive 5-day program for Dutch SME EdTech businesses to immerse themselves in the US EdTech market
- Access to the 2018 LearnLaunch Conference
Jan 28 - Jan 30: New York
- Workshops on practical elements on expanding to the US: including immigration, legal aspects, HR, PR and marketing, business development
- New York EdTech meetup/ European Tech Night
- Mentor session(s) with Dutch and US entrepreneurs
Relevant site visits
Jan 31 - Feb 2: Boston
- Learnlaunch conference, as well as a visit to Learnlaunch
- Boston EdTech meetup
- Relevant site visits: e.g. universities, companies
Who can Apply?
- Startups, scale-ups in EdTech from the Netherlands that are actively looking into expansion or business opportunities in New York City or Boston.
- Universities/research institutions and other corporations/organizations interested in exploring collaborations/partnerships with US EdTech partners.
Selection Process and Timeline
Closing applications/last day to send in application form December 7, 2018
Kickoff in the Netherlands January, 2018
Program January 28 - February 1, 2019
If you are interested in participating, please contact us before the 1stof November at
For more information about the program, please contact:
● Julia Knoeff (email@example.com). Senior Economic Officer, Consulate General of the Netherlands in New York
● Rik Bross (firstname.lastname@example.org). Innovation Officer, Holland Innovation Network Boston
To apply for this mission, please fill in the application form before the 7th of December.
Please register asap since spots are limited!
Please note that in order to participate in the program, attendance to the January program kick-off is mandatory.