DUTCH SPORTS TECH BOOTCAMP // JUNE 25-28 2018 IN NEW YORK CITY
Dutch early stage technology companies that are redefining sports media, content, fan experience and culture are invited to apply for the upcoming Dutch Sports Tech Bootcamp June 2018 in New York City
From June 25-28, 2018 you can participate in an intensive program to learn, grow and introduce your cutting-edge Dutch innovations to industry leaders in the sports and entertainment ecosystem in North America.
Join us in New York City during Hashtag Sports, which fuels the new economy and innovation ecosystem in the US. At Hashtag Sports, you will meet top executives from the NBA, NFL, CFL, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, WWE, and X Games, networks such as ESPN, Fox, NBC, Comcast, Turner, CBS, beIN Sports, Univision, Bell Media, Showtime, and HBO, tech companies including YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Hulu, Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, and SAP, and consumer brand sponsors such as Coca-Cola, Red Bull, Pepsi, Heineken, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Under Armour, Adidas, Nike, and American Express. The conference spotlights fresh voices and unique perspectives across a speaker lineup of 200+ executives, entrepreneurs, athletes, creators, and media personalities.
Through a special partnership, the seven best Dutch Sports Tech startups get the opportunity to participate in an exclusive experience program as part of the Hashtag Sports conference.
// why is this program unique
Times Square, New York City is the crossroads of the North American sports market. Nearly every major sports league is headquartered in NYC alongside the leading agencies of Madison Ave, the financial services industry on Wall Street, and almost every major media company/broadcaster. More than 75 leading journalists, writers, bloggers, and podcasters from leading press outlets cover original industry announcements, product launches, exclusive insights, startup innovation, and professional athletes making Hashtag Sports a dynamic forum for European companies looking to enter or penetrate the North American market.
Hashtag Sports is the only large-scale gathering of the sports industry that offers a startup training camp that includes mentor meetings, investor meetings, workshops, networking, and an educational class on how the North American sports industry operates including how to sell technologies to teams and leagues. In addition to Hashtag Sports, one extra day will focus on a dedicated softlanding program hosted by the Dutch Consulate & partners to this initiative.
// who can apply
Dutch companies with an innovative product or technology primarily servicing digital/social media, broadcasters/publishers, livestreaming/OTT, advertising, or sponsorship
// purpose of this program
• Accelerate knowledge acquisition and obtain the necessary tools to kick start and/or further develop the soft-landing of your Dutch sports tech product into the North American market
• Get introduced to forward-thinking decision makers from leading US sports properties, leagues, brands, agencies, publishers, SAAS platforms, startups, and investors.
• Raise overall brand awareness in the US
• Introduce new products or companies in the US
// what to expect
June 25-27 2018: Hashtag Sports conference
Three days of jam-packed programming at the Hashtag Sports conference and unique opportunity to participate in a dedicated Dutch Sports Tech Startup Experience Program as part of the conference, which includes:
- Access to all 3 days of conference including 70+ sessions and the opening Night party + Tuesday Networking event
- Minimum of 3 dedicated mentor sessions at the conference and additional structured networking + facilitation with setting up office hours based on your needs
- 20+ workshops covering branding & design, product management, fundraising in the US market, SAAS sales strategies, how to sell to US teams/leagues
- Dedicated startup happy hour networking event on Wednesday night primarily for founders, investors, teams/leagues and media
- All participating companies will have the opportunity to demo in a 45-min block of time for Dutch companies, preceded by a Venture Capital panel
- Dedicated branded kiosk for Dutch sports tech companies split over 2 days, to also allow you free time to network the other day.
- At least one of the participating companies will have the opportunity to speak at the conference, to be selected and approved by the Hashtag Sports organization
June 28 2018: Doing business and understanding the sports industry in New York City, hosted by Dutch Consulate & HUP
- Pick up soccer match in NYC with ex- pros, sports executives and sports media
- Workshop with long-time top global sports entrepreneur and sports marketer. Topics include: digital, content production, e-commerce, analytics, data utilization, influencer marketing and technology strategy within the sports industry
- Meetings and visits to NYC based key sports organizations ( e.g. MLS/NBA/NFL)
- Soft landing services and support to successfully enter the US market
// about the Hashtag Sports conference
Hashtag Sports, an industry-leading global thought leadership platforms that defines trends in sports across content, media rights & distribution, sponsorship, advertising, fan experience, and culture. This annual media & innovation conference in New York City will be the most diverse gathering of professionals representing the sports and entertainment ecosystem with 2000+ attendees.
// about the bootcamp program
The program in NYC kicks off on Sunday evening June 24 and will end on Thursday evening June 28 with an option to extend your stay on Friday, June 29 for follow up meetings.
Prior to the program, a kick-off workshop and networking event will be organized in Amsterdam, which includes pitch prep, mentor sessions and an opportunity to meet all participants.
// application process and additional info
To apply for this bootcamp, please fill in the application form before April 22.
For more information about the Dutch Sports Tech Bootcamp, please contact Yeni Joseph: email@example.com
For this program, a maximum of 7 companies will be invited to participate. The organization of Hashtag Sports as well as partner stakeholders will make the selection jointly. You will be notified within a week after the deadline of April 22 and will be asked to confirm your attendance.
Once you have been selected and confirm your participation, you will be required to pay a participation fee of $750 per participant, this includes full four days of programming + access to Hashtag Sports and participation in the Dutch Sports Tech Startup Experience Program. All travel expenses including flights, accommodation and meals are at the participant’s expense.
If you wish to bring an additional co-founder please indicate so in the application form and we can provide you more info on how to make that happen.